These are stated in our constitution, but are fairly typical of a charismatic evangelical Baptist Church – See below (if you like labels).
But we really strive to be a community where people are encouraged to “Come as you are”.
We also try to be a place that ignites hope and purpose in people.
Jesus Christ, his life death and resurrection are the foundation of all we believe and practice and his grace is sufficient. We aren’t a perfect place, but that’s okay because we’ve not met any perfect people.
Formal stuff : Our Church is a community of those who believe in God the Father, in God the Son Jesus Christ and in God the Holy Spirit – one God; who are repentant of their sin and who have been saved by personal faith in Jesus Christ through his atoning death and resurrection; who publicly proclaim their faith and are committed to the Church’s vision, aims and functions.
Our Church believes in:
- The true humanity and deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The atonement made on the Cross by our Lord for the sin of the world.
- The person of the Holy Spirit as the one who sanctifies and who sets apart empowers and imparts spiritual gifts to the Church.
- The inspiration of the Bible and its authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ by grace, not works is the only way to salvation.
- Membership of the Church is for those who have received salvation.
- The immersion of believers as the only scriptural form of baptism.
- The bodily return of Jesus Christ to earth at the end of the age.